Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ape Gama - Baththaramulla


I guess lot of Colombo residence already visited "Ape gama" in baththaramulla. Even though I wanted to write about it in my blog because one thing I visited there only last week and the other thing is I want educate those who haven't visited there.

"Ape gama" is actually a village where we can get a better idea about our history. The things till recently people lived in villages same way that demonstrated in "Ape gama". But nowadays even village people forgot our srilankan living style.

Tips: You should eat Komala Wata Kavum 
          You should watch dancing and singing in the performance centre
         Restaurant provide average taste food. (I won't highly recommend it. Anyway it's better than anything)
          No buffet on weekdays.

Facts: (These are unofficial facts)
            All the dancing and performance done by sahan ranwala dancing Academy. (I say they performance extremely well.)
            Restaurant run by Berjaya Hotel Colombo - Mount Lavinia

Website: http://www.apegama.com/home.php

Here are some Photos I took from there:


Kopi kade

Person who came to the kopi kade (statue)





Maha Gamaya (real village headman is this person)


Cart


Making komalawata kavum (Very tasty)

Walawwa


Maha Gamaya (Statue)

Person who came to visit maha gamaya (Statue)

Mammala

Mayinahama

Devalaya

Devalaya

Craft workshop



Craft Workshop

kammala



Redi nanda


Gama Gedara / Gama Rala


Weda Gedara




Weda Gedara






Veda Gedara Cart
Govi gedara


Pinthaliya




No comments:

Post a Comment